Blue Milk is good for the bones, but sometimes you need something a little bit harder to take the edge off. Hitting the dives on Mos Eisley has a time and place, but at Neat Pour, we were a little more interested in the galaxy’s craft cocktail range. Fortunately, just in time for The Last Jedi, Nick Detrich summoned the force to conjure up four libations for a special pop-up at the New Orleans Ace Hotel. These are the drinks you’re looking for: Ooo (eff) Tee Dee, Bacta Tanked, and Dagobah Dip.
“Star Wars is central to my personality, as is my career behind the bar,” explained Detrich. “Melding the two for my pop up shift at Seaworthy at the Ace seemed a balanced approach that would’ve even made Master Skywalker proud.”
Check out the recipes below…
The perfect refreshing beverage after a few laps through the swamp with a 900 year old goblin on your back! With rum and chartreuse plus lots of citrus for pop, this proto-tiki libation will have you feeling the force. Just be responsible and put those keys away; the Kessel Run will have to wait.
- Mix ingredients and ice in a Collins Glass.
- Garnish with R2D Gummy.
- Put lime zest, ginger, and cloves into a jelly bag.
- Submerge in coconut water. Bring to simmer.
- Let simmer five minutes.
- Pull the jelly bag and add the Agar Agar.
- Whisk for about a minute.
- Line your gummy molds with coconut oil.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- ... Or you can just submerge dummies in falernum for 4-5 hours... but it will not taste as good.
After a long day of junking and selling’ droids on the dunes, a beverage is needed and this cocktail will have you talking like a Jawa in no time. The “champagne” base is a Spinzall creation. It is actually clarified cranberry and lime, spiced with clove and cardamon and then charged with NO2 for a velvety texture. The bold flavor of the OFTD provides just enough punch to offset this fizzy treat.
- Blend 400 grams of cranberries with 50 grams of lime juice.
- Add a few dashes of pectinex and allow to sit 20 minutes.
- Run through Spinzall in two batches (15minutes each).
- Simmer 10 cloves in 250ml water and add 200grams of sugar after 5 minutes. Boom! Spiced Simple Syrup!
- To a whipped cream cannister, add 15ml of your spiced simple, 45ml clarified cranberry lime, and 30ml Plantation OFTD.
- Shake contents over 1 Kold Draft cube and then charge with 2 NO2 capsules, then depressurize.
- Pour contents into a chilled coupe and garnish with a twist of lemon.
This drink blends two of the best “Something & Tonics” into one drink that gets better over time (much like Luke in the Bacta Tank after being pulled out of the Taun Taun). In this creation, frozen Ruby Port soaked grapes keep the drink cold and slowly bleed both flavor and color into the beverage.
- Mix gin and tonic in a glass.
- Add frozen grapes.
- Fill a cryovac bag with as many grapes as you can fit.
- Pour in port to cover.
- Seal and freeze the entire bag.