Two Injured By Tiki Drink At Gordon Ramsay’s Vegas Resto

By Neat Pour Staff |

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is known for his fiery persona in the kitchen. Apparently, he should keep the flames to the back of house. On Friday (8.03) night, two patrons at Ramsay’s Hells Kitchen in Las Vegas were taken to the hospital for “injuries involving a drink.”

Caesar’s Entertainment (HK is in Caesar’s) confirmed that two people were injured by a cocktail at the restaurant. They declined to name the offending cocktail, but noted that the drink was immediately removed from the menu.

Fortunately, local media quickly fingered a “Rum Donkey” as the offending libation. A (now) old drink list describes the $14 beverage as “Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, Falernum, brown sugar, ginger beer, torched passion fruit.” (So, basically like a Dark & Stormy with some tiki elements.)

Specifically, the drink is served in a tiki mug and topped with a hollowed passion fruit cup filled with flaming overproof alcohol. Presumably, it was this flaming fruit cup that caused the problem.

Clark County Fire Deputy Chief Jon Klassen confirmed that his department transported two people to the hospital, but did not provide any update on their injuries or condition. He did add that firefighters did not have to put out a fire at the restaurant.

Read Next