Tastes vary from palate to palate, but that has never stopped us from trying to crown one expression as the best in…
- Base Spirit Mezcal
- Preparation Crockpot
- Flavor Chocolate
- Served Hot
A Kirk Estopinal classic.
“This is great set-it and forget drink that will serve all your guests. It was popular on the menu at Bellocq. A friend of mine made hot chocolate one year and I had a bottle of Mezcal. They eventually found their way together. Enough said.”-KE
You can find more of Estopinal’s favorite cocktails in his second book with Maksym Pazuniak “beta cocktails.” for sale here.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, whisk together milk cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Add chocolate chips. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add sugar at the end 1/4 cup at a time to taste.
- Add 1 oz of Mezcal (Chicicapa or any of the rich smokey variants you like) to 4 oz of hot chocolate.
- I’m partial to a styrofoam cup, but you can also use all those mugs you get every year during Christmas. (A coffee cup works fine also.)