“It’s all b̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ice balls nowadays!” When the Cocktail Renaissance began, the concept of good ice was cutting edge, almost a…
- Base Spirit Beer
- Preparation Mixed
- Flavor Spicy
- Served On the Rocks
The Michelada is everywhere in Mexico. And, everywhere in Mexico there is a different opinion on how the drink should be made. There is consensus that the Michelada is made with a flavorful mix of spice, savory, and citrus combined with beer and served on the rocks.
The version featured here is a common, tomato juice based recipe akin to a beer based Bloody Mary.
- Rim a pint or pilsener glass (or plastic cup) with tajín.
- Mix the tomato juice, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and celery salt in a glass.
- Add ice cubes to 1/4 inch below the rim.
- Top off with beer and garnish with lime.
- Continue to freshen up the glass with the remaining beer as you drink.