Tales of the Cocktail throttled up on Thursday (7.19). With thousands of industry professional gathered in NOLA, brands rolled out new products,…
- Base Spirit Rum
- Preparation Stirred
- Flavor Refreshing
- Served Up
After a long day of junking and selling’ droids on the dunes, a beverage is needed. This cocktail from Nick Detrich will have you talking like a Jawa in no time.
The “champagne” base is a Spinzall creation. It is actually clarified cranberry and lime, spiced with clove and cardamon and then charged with NO2 for a velvety texture. The bold flavor of the OFTD provides just enough punch to offset this fizzy treat.
- Blend 400 grams of cranberries with 50 grams of lime juice.
- Add a few dashes of pectinex and allow to sit 20 minutes.
- Run through Spinzall in two batches (15minutes each).
- Simmer 10 cloves in 250ml water and add 200grams of sugar after 5 minutes. Boom! Spiced Simple Syrup!
- To a whipped cream cannister, add 15ml of your spiced simple, 45ml clarified cranberry lime, and 30ml Plantation OFTD.
- Shake contents over 1 Kold Draft cube and then charge with 2 NO2 capsules, then depressurize.
- Pour contents into a chilled coupe and garnish with a twist of lemon.