Another cocktail competition is rolling into the final round. So, it’s time for another edition of “Announce the Finalists.” Cherry Heering just revealed the eleven finalists in their annual competition. The elite group of bartenders will compete for the championship during London Cocktail Week this fall.
“These Heering Classic Finalists’ creations epitomize what makes Cheery Heering such a worldwide bartender’s favourite. There’s so much creativity and versatility, which makes it such a delight for consumers and new mixologists to discover”, said Laura Schacht, Global Advocacy Manager, Peter F. Heering.
The finalists represent ten geographical regions plus a wild card. To reach the finals, competitors had to clear through two rounds focused on creating Heering based modern classics followed by a third a round that celebrated the brand’s 200th anniversary.
The list of finalists follows.
- Mykhailo Zhuravel, Dubai, UAE,Bar: Mirage Dubai, Royal
- Alexey Poltavskiy, Phuket, Thailand, Club No. 43, Few Words
- Liam Doherty-Penzer, Sydney, Australia, Whirly Bird, Naughty Charles
- Karalee Te Riini, Wellington, New Zealand, Hawthorn Lounge, Lovers and Frans
- Odd Strandbakken, Oslo, Norway, HIMKOK, Pavoni
- Oscar Armenta, Oaxaca, Mexico, Sabina Sabe, Royal Centenary
- Maximiliano Vallé Valletta, Montréal, Canada, Les Enfants Terribles, Better Days
- Maria Damgaard Andersen, København K, Denmark, Y’s Café & Cocktailbar, Cherry Bomb
- Philip Abowd, Seoul, South Korea, Southside Parlor, The Cherry Tree
- Chirag Pal, Delhi, India, Shangrila New Delhi, Viajero
*Wildcard: Moses Laboy, NYC, United States, David Burke Kitchen, Ma Cherie
The Finals are set to go down this October. After the normal preliminaries of coaching and schmoozing, the chosen eleven will present one last round to an expert jury helmed by Simon Difford.