fiio fh7 vs fa9

|

The IT04 sounds too thin at times, whereas the FH7 performs fuller and tonality-wise more satisfying. FiiO does not specifically mention the crossover in detail for the FH7 so we presume 3 or 4-way much like the FA9. While both use an all-BA 4-way crossover design their driver counts and types are different. With the impedance dropped or lower (switch on) the bass has increased presence and the overall tone is more colored with enhanced bass and treble contrast. Boy, I was blown away by the sudden clarity of those. Ultimately, I decided to keep the FH7's...they sound amazing! The impedance of the new FiiO FA9 6 Knowles Balanced Armature IEM is specified at 16 to 32 ohms, and the sensitivity is a remarkable 110 dB. It is currently priced at $499.99. I have noted, however, some companies have stated they have changed their midrange driver to a new Knowles variant so it could be the same one. Fiio FA9 vs Fiio FH7; Product Comparison: Fiio FA9 vs Fiio FH7. (Note: This comparion credit to Soundnews, if you would like to read the full review, just click the following button) FH7 vs FA7. With the 16Ω setting, the noise floor was fairly easy to detect. The FA9 is rated at 16-32Ω and 11dB SPL and relatively easy to drive from most sources. On a physical level, I am quite impressed with this cable but like the FH5 cable, it does not come terminated with a balanced TRRS jack. The FA9 is not going to be the end game for FiiO by my reckoning. The FA9 is all change with a dual HODVTEC-31618 woofer for the lows, dual EJ33877 for the mids, and a dual SWFK-31736 for the highs. It looks a lot like the FH5, sharing the same shell just in a different color tone, with more drivers and different tuning. The FH7 components are machined from a CNC aluminum-magnesium alloy as opposed to a 3D printed resin. That enhanced midrange vocal presence upper harmonic order is slightly emphasized as a result so it will have a ‘crisp’ effect to percussion tone and vocals will seem ‘vivid’. Exceptional earphones. I have to admit the FH7 dynamic driver low-end is the more impressive low-end performer of the two. FiiO are now fully wedded to MMCX and it is the new round bore connector system as opposed to the older flat brass plates. The FH5 sound beyond the 2k marker can lack a little presence and though the tuning is not peaky it can sound brittle in comparison. It also feels secure and there are a few reasons for that. FiiO FH7. Construction is resin plastic, and housing is smaller and lighter, so it’s more comfortable than FH7. FiiO has branded them into simple to understand labels such as pop, strong bass, standards, and crisp highs. The cable is the same as the FH7 stock cable which means an 8-core 152 strand Litz Monocrystalline SPC wire inside. I have to go with a neutral or clean source with the FA9, more M15 than M11 which can sound a shade warmer and less resolving through the mids. They are, to extract the most intricate detail possible, and to provide an unfettered fun factor. Each termination on the stock cable has a clear ring for the left and red for the right to make it dead easy to connect each channel properly. The FH5 is the second in line on the hybrid side and just behind the FH7. The second reason is the variety of tips supplied by FiiO for the FA9 which should cover most types of ear canals and preferences. This is due to the flush positioning of the connector at the far back of the shell combined with the smoothness of the shell itself. Like the FH5 and FH7, they are all in a single foam tray and labeled in terms of what they focus on for the single-bore silicone tips such as balanced, vocal, and bass. These are so comfortable, that today for example, I wore them for seven hours. I can seal far better with almost the same tips as the FH5. Would recommend. I tested all 3 extensively, initially with the stock 3.5mm cables, then again with the Fiio LC-RE cable w/ 2.5mm balanced tip. The aesthetic on the FA9 is also a bit more dazzling with the diamond-cut silver finish whereas the FA7 opts for a slightly simpler design behind a ruby red polished resin finish. This is combined with a politer treble that injects a little less contrast into the FA7 instrumental and vocal timbre giving it a warm but softer sound. First the basics. Please be advised that the operator of this site accepts advertising compensation from certain companies that appear on the site, and such compensation impacts the location and order in which the companies (and/or their products) are presented, and in some cases may also impact the scoring that is assigned to them. The top foam is cut out to allow for a full display of the monitors and a partial display of the stock cable. The FH7 is FiiO’s flagship hybrid monitor and just slightly cheaper than the FA9. Of course, there is more room when you use numbers and we have seen much higher driver counts so I cannot discount FiiO coming out with an FA11 and FA15 but for now, this is their flagship in the FA lineup. The M11 treble though marries well with the FA9 in a standard mode or with the treble boost on. Vocals still sound very natural to me and overall, I find the tonal balance to be more even-harmonic biased and relaxing. They differ vastly in presentation, with FH7 being clinical, aggressive and forward, more a W-shape. A very different aesthetics and use of materials here. I didn’t get nearly as much sound isolation from the FH5. But does that mean they conquer all? It shares a fair number of features but obviously missing some more advanced tech such as the sound switch selector. One thing to note, like the FH7, the FH5 has much more of a 1-3 bump whereas the FA9 is gentler and very reserved in the 3-4k region. Certainly, with the bass boost on it is the most forward aspect of the FA9 soundstage. There are a couple of important differences and ones which mark out the FA9 as the better all-round performer to the FA7. The design is a dark “ripple-like” blue ton with gold trimming and a stainless-steel nozzle that runs slightly shorter than the FA9 version. product: https://audio46.com/products/fiio-fh7-hybrid-driver-in-ear-monitor Worth all the hype? Bass becomes more aggressive with a bit more bloom and aggressiveness, especially if you keep the impedance switch set for 16Ω. FiiO refers to this as the standard tuning which is S0 down, S1 up, and S2 down. The switching technology is some required value-add. As mentioned, the long tubing inside the FA9 and the additional driver does need additional space. That means its sound is fixed rather than variable. The 6 drivers are 3 dual-driver designs from Knowles and completely different from the FA7. You can actually get the FA9 to sound relatively neutral by lowering the impedance and turning the bass boost off. It retains an excellent level of separation whilst sounding airier than the R5. I'm hearing detail from FiiO's new FH7 that I'm used to getting from far more expensive flagships. Timbre sounds more accurate by shaving off a little warmth off and adding some welcome contrast to the low-end. Though this time the labeling is cut into the form and black backing is quite hard to see compared to the white of the FH7 tray. The lightweight and small y-split barrel are similarly finished with a detachable chin cinch. The FH5 uses a 1.2m mono-crystalline silver-plated braided copper wire with a TPU that makes it a little stiffer and offering less dynamic range than the 8-core LC-3.5C on the FA9. I like it and recommend. The sensitivity rating for the FH7 is on the easy side of the FA9, however, at just 16Ω and 111dB compared to the variable 16-32Ω, 111dB rating of the FA9. Comes with a variety replaceable tips which makes it easy to find your fit so it does not fall out of your ears. A bigger lower-mids dip on the FA9 can mean a slight lack of presence or air for some instruments but at the same time, it sounds a little smoother and less prone to sibilance. The bass of both IEM’s is fast and controlled, while the FH7 has the upper hand in terms of detail. Surprisingly, I did not feel the stock foam tips isolated as well as the biflange and vocal tips for my ears. The FA9 aesthetic it is more ambitious than the FA7 with a bigger form factor as a consequence of trying to fit in that long tubing, crossover switch block, and additional driver. I’m a much bigger fan of the FA7 in this department. The reference filter is fitted out of the box. In contrast, the impedance switch did make a big difference to the noise floor when paired with Hifiman’s R2R2000 which can be quite brutal in terms of noise to sensitive IEMs.

Kraft Mayo Avocado Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise Ingredients, How Many Federal Agencies Are There, Alfred Coffee Chagaccino, Eggnog Creams Fannie May, Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Vs Pro, Pavakkai Puli Kulambu Without Coconut, Thermal Energy Images, Telugu Desam Party Songs,

Liked it? Take a second to support Neat Pour on Patreon!

Read Next

Hendrick’s Rolls Out Victorian Penny Farthing (Big Wheel) Exercise Bike

The gin maker’s newest offering, ‘Hendrick’s High Wheel’ is a stationary ‘penny farthing’ bicycle. (For readers who are not up-to-date on cycling history, the penny farthing was an early cycle popular in 1870’s; you might recognize them as those old school cycles with one giant wheel and one small one.) The Hendrick’s version is intended to be a throwback, low-tech response to the likes of the Peloton.

By Neat Pour Staff