mediterranean sea bass

|

If cleaning and prepping the fish for this sea bass recipe isn't your thing, most fish counters at larger markets will do it for you. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good portion control (everything in moderation!). The flavors in the sauce were so amazing. This work presents results of a life cycle assessment of Mediterranean sea bass and sea bream, based on primary data collected from a Greek producer. This amazing Mediterranean Sea Bass dish is a quick fix for your busy daily routine. I used tilapia and a whole cup of fennel. I’ve never used fennel before either (had to google how to chop it) and I am so happy I didn’t leave it out. Gina, What do you suggest substituting for wine? Sodium 141mg 6%. Whenever I follow a skinnytaste recipient it always turns out perfectly & is delicious. I’m literally eating this right now and stopped to comment because it’s THAT good. Voedingsfeiten en voedingsinformatie van daily chef-mediterranean-sea-bass. Superb! After years of cooking French recipes from Dorie Greenspan’s cookbook, Around My French Table, I was quite comfortable cooking en papillote. I mean, I’ve never even tried cooking halibut before and this was better than I’ve ever had in a restaurant. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe It has a lightweight, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then rapidly completed within the oven. The entire dish takes 35 mins from begin to end, so it’s preferrred for weeknight suppers but sublime sufficient for corporate. I gravitated towards this fish dish, because I love finding new ways to eat fish which I try to eat at least twice a week. Mediterranean Striped Sea Bass is prepared in a vibrant broth that goes straight from pan to plate for an elegant, fast dinner. About Weber (NC) – For more information on how to grill fish, meat, poultry, desserts or to get any other barbecue related questions answered, call the Weber Grill-LineSM toll-free at 1-800-Grill-Out. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened, while you prepare the fish. Mediterranean Sea Bass The Culinistas & Lodge Cast Iron | November 14, 2018 The Mediterranean flavors of black olives, feta, and dill in this dish will make you feel like you've taken a quick trip to Greece. I used the exact ingredients with Cod as my fish. Fennel has a really mild flavor when cooked, very different from raw. For dinner we had the Mediterranean Sea Bass and the duck with a side of green beans. Vitamin A 953IU 19%. In a heavy ovenproof skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. If so how many would you suggest? Carbohydrates 58g 19%. I have never cooked with fennel but I have fennel seed in my spice drawer. Those were fun, simple & careless days spent by the water, playing soccer or volleyball barefoot in the sand. Love you Gina! The finely textured, flaky meat is lean, with a sweet and mild flavour. Striped bass or cod would also be great. I served with mashed, pressured cooked, sour cream cauliflower . Try some today! The aquaculture sector is the fastest growing food production industry, with sea bass and sea bream consisting important exporting goods in the Mediterranean region. Featuring a garden, an outdoor pool and garden views, Mediterranean Sea Bass Retreat is located in Davenport. Extra virgin olive oil. Calcium 94mg 9%. I made this last night. I steamed the COD and put the sauce over it. As warmer days are getting closer, I often remember the beach vacations we took as a family during summer time. Branzino is available in Buehler's Meat & Seafood Department. The European bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) is a primarily ocean-going fish native to the waters off Europe's western and southern and Africa's northern coasts, though it can also be found in shallow coastal waters and river mouths during the summer months. The red pepper was a little mild for me, so when I make this again I might make it spicier. May 9, 2019 - This healthy Mediterranean Sea Bass is smothered in a piquant, healthy, Mediterranean-inspired sauce made from tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives. Mediterranean Sea Bass The Culinistas & Lodge Cast Iron | November 14, 2018 The Mediterranean flavors of black olives, feta, and dill in this dish will make you feel like you've taken a … The European sea bass is a coastal marine fish that lives in shallow waters (<100 m) from the north‐eastern Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. Switch the oven to broil and place the skillet on the upper rack. Yields1 Serving. The sauce really made it. • "I created my dish after a trip to Sicily," he explains. If cleaning and prepping the fish for this sea bass recipe isn't your thing, most fish counters at larger markets will do it for you. I made a mistake and used 1/2 c of olives and I’ll continue to do that. Using the back of a wooden spoon, smash the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. The Mediterranean flavors of the sauce made from tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives were delicious, I served it with some crusty bread to scoop up that sauce but you can eat it without. William Drabble shares his sunny Mediterranean sea bass recipe, inspired by his travels in the region. *. Grilled whole fish is a summer favorite in the Mediterranean. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. This amazing Mediterranean Sea Bass dish is a quick fix for your busy daily routine. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. Himalayan Salt. Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. Served on a bed of couscous. After years of cooking French recipes from Dorie Greenspan’s cookbook, Around My French Table, I was quite comfortable cooking en papillote. Your IP: 86.122.93.12 I received a ton of new cookbooks this Spring, so I am slowly making my way through them! About Weber (NC) – For more information on how to grill fish, meat, poultry, desserts or to get any other barbecue related questions answered, call the Weber Grill-LineSM toll-free at 1-800-Grill-Out. The big question was if the picky hubby would eat more than a courtesy bite. Any dry white wine you drink, such as sauvignon blanc. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. There are several fish that come under the title of ‘Bream’ but the Mediterranean gilt-head Bream is without question the tastiest. What kind of wine do you use in this dish? Any fish with a tomato-based sauce rocks my world! Although the term sea bass may be used for the family as a whole, the fishes themselves bear a variety of names, such … What a treat! The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. The sea bass is euryhaline (0–40 ppt salinity) and eurythermal (2–32 °C) and is often found foraging in estuaries and lagoons from spring to fall, especially at the juvenile stage. Amount Per Serving. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. Another slam dunk – totally restaurant-quality. I used cod instead of the sea bass. This recipe is *amazing*! 1 Red Bell Pepper, cored and chopped. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. We ate some beautiful baked fish on our journey around the Mediterranean. As warmer days are getting closer, I often remember the beach vacations we took as a family … Mediterranean Sea Bass en Papillote The big question was if the picky hubby would eat more than a courtesy bite. Thank you! Mediterranean Sea Bass at Eiffel Tower "Service was good, dessert was great, food was okay. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. Fresh Mediterranean Sea Bass . I’ll probably double the olives next time to get more of that salty savory taste. Mediterranean Sea Bass over Summer Roasted Vegetables. Looks amazing !! My whole family enjoyed this recipe. I’d be happy to finish his portion, of course, but my fingers were crossed. Grilled whole fish is a summer favorite in the Mediterranean. This was FANTASTIC!!! After about 8 minutes of cooking the sauce in the final stage, I lowered the seasoned (salt & pepper) and top sprayed (olive oil, or avocado oil) Cod into the sauce and simmered for about another 7 minutes. Pat the fillets dry, lightly spray them with cooking spray,  and season with salt and pepper. Published May 31, 2017 | Updated Jun 17, 2020 by Robin Deem 3 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. I made this recipe last night and LOVED it. We love this recipe. Sea bass fillets take on a coat of Mediterranean spices. I’ve just cooked this recipe for myself & my husband using cod fillets. One of the most memorable was in Corsica – a whole baked fish served simply on a bed of potatoes and onions. Set the racks in the middle and upper thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 F. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Pan Seared Mediterranean Sea Bass by Chef Ramsay This Recipe by Chef Gordon Ramsay is a great way to add more fish into your athletic diet. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. This whole fish smothered with herbs and buttery breadcrumbs is simple enough to let the flavor of the Mediterranean seafood shine through. Like most white fish, sea bass has a mild flavor that pairs well with a variety of sides. The sauce looks to-die-for; I bet it would even be good over orzo or another pasta as a side! Made it as written, but did use Cod which I had on-hand. Arrange the potato and pepper slices on a large non-stick baking tray. An elegant way to extend the enjoyment on the table by combining a nice chat with flavor is decorating the plates with a Mediterranean Sea Bass cooked as a whole. Your email address will not be published. Great recipe! Try this EASY recipe for Branzino! Check out new Gordon Ramsay’s recipe. The fennel flavor was pretty mild, in my opinion, but that wasn’t a problem. I wouldn’t make it with sea bass again, because even though sea bass is a very meaty fish, I found it to be a bit overpowered by the sauce, and with sea bass clocking in at $30/pound where I live, I want to taste the sea bass a bit more (I prefer preparing sea bass per Gina’s Miso Black Cod with Shiitakes and Bok Choy recipe in One and Done). Baked Mediterranean Branzino (Sea-Bass) May 1, 2019 by Sonila 11 Comments. Calories 496 Calories from Fat 108 % Daily Value* Fat 12g 18%. It is found in a large part of the eastern Atlantic Ocean, from northern Norway to Senegal. Mediterranean Sea Bass & Potato Bake. The Mediterranean Sea is a sea connected to the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by the Mediterranean Basin and almost completely enclosed by land: on the north by Southern Europe and Anatolia, on the south by North Africa, and on the east by the Levant.Although the sea is sometimes considered a part of the Atlantic Ocean, it is usually referred to as a separate body of water. Carefully flip the fillets with a metal spatula and place the skillet in the oven. Try this Mediterranean sea bass with a bowl of marinated kalamata olives, Mediterranean couscous salad, avocado salad, feta cheese marinated in olive oil and spices, or roasted Mediterranean vegetables such as bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini. Chris WebAdmin CookBooks, Seafood. From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling. 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved or chopped. Thank you. 1 Green Bell Pepper, cored and chopped. sustainability Article Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Mediterranean Sea Bass and Sea Bream Evangelos Kallitsis 1, Anna Korre 1,2, Dimitris Mousamas 3 and Pavlos Avramidis 4,* 1 Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK; evangelos.kallitsis17@imperial.ac.uk (E.K. This would also be great the next day, or you could use the sauce for a Mediterranean omelette in the morning. Mediterranean Sea Bass at Eiffel Tower "Service was good, dessert was great, food was okay. Bake until the fish is no longer translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until golden, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. 4 pieces Sea Bass fillet, no skin (each piece about 6-0z in w eight and 1 1/2 inches in thickness). So much flavor! After years of cooking French recipes from Dorie Greenspan’s cookbook, Around My French Table, I was quite comfortable cooking en papillote. It’s very easy to make and the fennel really makes this dish smell amazing! Sea bass eaten with the skin on and potato-skin chips so crisp they rustle in the pan, this fish dish is served with crab butter for a touch of indulgence 1 hr and 10 mins Easy Butterflied sea bass fillets stuffed with semi dried tomatoes and olives Responsibly sourcing our seafood is important to us, which is why Tesco fish experts work with responsibly managed farms and fisheries to continually improve their high standards of quality, welfare and sustainability. Amount Per Serving. Sea bass … Cholesterol 135mg 45%. Scientific Name: Dicentrarchus labrax Considered in the USA as Branzini and in French called Loup de Mer – bar. sea bass w/mix vegetables in oven سمك مشوى فى الفرن مع خضار مشكل روعة - Duration: 6:23. I’m all in for this recipe. Whether you are a busy athlete training, a busy single mom, or just the […] If you are looking for a meal to impress guests or that special someone without a doubt cook this one! مطبخ صحة وعافية sehaweafia kitchen 7,192 views Butterflied sea bass fillets stuffed with semi dried tomatoes and olives Responsibly sourcing our seafood is important to us, which is why Tesco fish experts work with responsibly managed farms and fisheries to continually improve their high standards of quality, welfare and sustainability. They have a succulent, white flesh that is ideal for grilling, baking and frying either whole or as fillets. It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. It’s absolutely amazing! ‍ Following this easy fish recipe you will surely cook amazing sea bass dish with delicious vegetables. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. The sauce is so aromatic and packs a punch of flavor! From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling. It's ready in 5 minutes! Mediterranean Sea Bass. Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes with their juices. This is delicious and filling, and like many of the other recipes I’ve tried on here it’s a great base if you want to get creative and swap ingredients. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. I do want to specify that there is a difference between real sea bass and Chilean sea bass. Could you use a fennel seed from the spices section? Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. Then I put the fish in the sauce under a low temp broiler for about 3 or 4 minutes. Made it with halibut. It has a gentle, wet texture, in brief pan-seared then temporarily completed within the oven. If you saw my recipe for Mediterranean baked Sea Bream (dorado)then this is a pretty similar recipe, and equally as delicious. What is the serving size of the sauce, would it be about a cup or a half cup? Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Scientific Name: Sparus aurata Considered in the USA as Dorade and called Daurade Royale in French. Each fillet is individually vacuum packed. Served over pearl couscous but I think the crusty baguette is a better idea!! Mediterranean Sea Bass en Papillote. Perfection! Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. Hubby said it’s as good or better than any he’s had in a restaurant, including time he spent in Italy. This healthy Mediterranean Sea Bass is smothered in a piquant, healthy, Mediterranean-inspired sauce made from tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives. Broil until the tops of the fillets are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Hubby didn’t even know it was “diet food”. Four Freestyle Factors 362 Energy This wholesome Mediterranean Sea Bass is smothered in a piquant, wholesome, Mediterranean-inspired sauce made out of tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives. The entire dish takes 35 minutes from begin to end, […] It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. May 2, 2018 - This healthy Mediterranean Sea Bass is smothered in a piquant, healthy, Mediterranean-inspired sauce made from tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives. European bass habitats include estuaries, lagoons, coastal waters, and rivers. This is my new favorite fish recipe! It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. Sea bass eaten with the skin on and potato-skin chips so crisp they rustle in the pan, this fish dish is served with crab butter for a touch of indulgence 1 hr and 10 mins Easy They made a truly outstanding dish. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. My husband and I loved it. Sea bass, (family Serranidae), any of the numerous fishes of the family Serranidae (order Perciformes), most of which are marine, found in the shallower regions of warm and tropical seas.The family includes about 475 species, many of them well-known food and sport fishes. The entire dish takes 35 minutes from begin to end, […] But I think halibut or cod would be amazing in this dish. 3 Shallots, chopped. Cholesterol 135mg 45%. ); a.korre@imperial.ac.uk (A.K.) I did not cook the fish separately. Even my picky teenager ate it all! You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. Home » Seafood » Mediterranean Sea Bass over Summer Roasted Vegetables. Baked Mediterranean Sea Bass Share Tweet Save Share Email. It is one of only six species in its family, Moronidae, collectively called the temperate basses. This was soo good. Four Freestyle Factors 362 Energy This wholesome Mediterranean Sea Bass is smothered in a piquant, wholesome, Mediterranean-inspired sauce made out of tomatoes, white wine, fennel and olives. As others have mentioned the sauce inspires so many uses and the flavor is amazing. I use cod  don’t cook the fish in the oven but bury it in the sauce until it done. Responsibly sourced. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. It is a seasonally migratory species, moving further inshore and north in summer. Mediterranean sea bass and potato bake. Sea bass is available whole and un-gutted, or in prepared fillets (you can ask your fishmonger to gut and fillet the fish for you). It can also be found in the entire Mediterranean Sea and in the southern Black Sea, but is absent from the Baltic sea. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe. Any white fish can be used in this recipe, I couldn’t find sea bass so I used halibut. Mediterranean Sea Bass… the preference of sea enthusiasts in attentive dinner tables. The big question was if the picky hubby would eat more than a courtesy bite. Add the basil, wine, olives, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Easy to do. Mediterranean Pan Seared Sea Bass Recipe with Garlic Bell Pepper Medley The Mediterranean Dish salt, green bell pepper, shallots, ground cumin, garlic powder and 9 more Pan-Fried Sea Bass Andrew-Zimmern We started with the real Caesar salad which was great. Mediterranean Sea Bass. Home » Seafood » Mediterranean Sea Bass over Summer Roasted Vegetables. For dinner we had the Mediterranean Sea Bass and the duck with a side of green beans. I’m thinking of making just the sauce and freezing it as I can imagine many used. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. Instead of using a can of tomatoes, could I use fresh ones? Featuring a garden, an outdoor pool and garden views, Mediterranean Sea Bass Retreat is located in Davenport. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/mediterranean-sea-bass-recipe We ate some beautiful baked fish on our journey around the Mediterranean. This whole fish smothered with herbs and buttery breadcrumbs is simple enough to let the flavor of the Mediterranean seafood shine through. One of the most memorable was in Corsica – a whole baked fish served simply on a bed of potatoes and onions. Stay at home, cook at home! We started with the real Caesar salad which was great. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Mediterranean Sea Bass over Summer Roasted Vegetables. Four 4-6 ounce skinless Chilean sea bass fillets, or other sustainable firm white-fleshed fish fillets such as halibut, cod or striped bass, Mediterranean fish recipe, Mediterranean Sea Bass, Mediterranean Sea Bass recipe, Sea Bass recipe. This recipe is from the Mostly Plants Cookbook, which features 101 flexitarian recipes from the Pollan family. A company dish. Mediterranean sea bass and potato bake. Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and scatter with the rosemary, a pinch of salt and a good grinding of pepper. Yum! • https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236932/branzino-mediterranean It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. Vitamin C 97mg 118%. Olivia farm-raised Mediterranean Sea Bass is pinkish when raw and cooks up opaque white. This dish is cooked with couscous, make sure that you made it in advance. Add the fennel and cook until the vegetables are soft and translucent, an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe It has a lightweight, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then rapidly completed within the oven. An elegant way to extend the enjoyment on the table by combining a nice chat with flavor is decorating the plates with a Mediterranean Sea Bass cooked as a whole. These baked Mediterranean sea bass’ are so good, and only need a simple dressing up. Protein 37g 74%. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/mediterranean-style-sea-bass-fillet I’d be happy to finish his portion, of course, but my fingers were crossed. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Please read my disclosure. Whether you are a busy athlete training, a busy single mom, or just the […] !Can I substitute the olives for something us or will it take away the flavor ? Saturated Fat 2g 13%. Vind calorieën, koolhydraten en voedingswaarden van daily chef-mediterranean-sea-bass en meer dan 2.000.000 andere voedingsmiddelen op MyFitnessPal.com. Pan Seared Mediterranean Sea Bass by Chef Ramsay This Recipe by Chef Gordon Ramsay is a great way to add more fish into your athletic diet. Calories 496 Calories from Fat 108 % Daily Value* Fat 12g 18%. Add the fillets, rounded-side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Capers would be a great sub, though I loved the kalamatas. Sea bass is lovely on the grill; its firm white flesh holds up very well. Sodium 141mg 6%. Perfectly seared in olive oil, then topped with a special garlic and bell pepper medley. Published May 31, 2017 | Updated Jun 17, … Has anyone tried this recipe using chicken breasts instead of fish? Cloudflare Ray ID: 5fbf7eda8987fcfd Made with halibut and it was simply amazing. Get your pan nice and hot and slice an eggplant ½ cm thick. The… It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. A real keeper, we decided! Fresh Mediterranean Sea Bass . The skin is rarely removed. Sea bass is lovely on the grill; its firm white flesh holds up very well. Fiber 9g 38%. All star Pan Seared Sea Bass Recipe! So much … I also substituted some nice cod filets  filets I found at Whole Foods & served it with Trader Joe’s  mashed cauliflower & asparagus. … Thanks! Add some olive oil into the pan and place your eggplant in. Responsibly sourced. This looks phenomenal! The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. 4 garlic cloves, minced. I’m planning on inviting people over just to share this recipe :). It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. 1/2 lemon, juice off. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Potassium 1851mg 53%. Served with rice and a salad. There are several fish that come under the title of ‘Bream’ but the Mediterranean gilt-head Bream is without question the tastiest. Mediterranean Sea Bass & Potato Bake. Mediterranean Sea Bass… the preference of sea enthusiasts in attentive dinner tables. Sugar 7g 8%. Arrange the fillets on individual plates, spoon on the sauce, and serve. Baked Mediterranean Branzino (Sea-Bass) May 1, 2019 by Sonila 11 Comments. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. You can see more of my fish recipes here. I’d be happy to finish his portion, of course, but my fingers were crossed. Used cod. Saturated Fat 2g 13%. Chris WebAdmin CookBooks, Seafood. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight … Really can’t wait to make this again . The whole dish takes 35 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal for weeknight suppers yet elegant enough for company. The… I added artichoke hearts and mushrooms to the sauce and a lovely salad on the side. Mediterranean Sea Bass en Papillote. It has a light, moist texture, briefly pan-seared then quickly finished in the oven. A sweet and delicate fish, the Sea Bass is popular all over the word lending itself to a diverse range of cuisines from spicy middle eastern dishes to subtle mediterranean flavours.

You Tube Security, Prairie Falcon Range, Custom Stamp Logo Near Me, Super Smash Bros Ultimate Screen Ko, Designing For The Digital Age Amazon, Where To Buy Chenille Yarn, Bosch Warming Drawer Temperature, Art Of Telangana, Olympus Corporation Address, Smeg Kettle Review, Studio For Rent In Sharjah Al Nahda, Pickled Red Onions Red Wine Vinegar, How To Become Invasive Cardiologist,

Liked it? Take a second to support Neat Pour on Patreon!

Read Next

Hendrick’s Rolls Out Victorian Penny Farthing (Big Wheel) Exercise Bike

The gin maker’s newest offering, ‘Hendrick’s High Wheel’ is a stationary ‘penny farthing’ bicycle. (For readers who are not up-to-date on cycling history, the penny farthing was an early cycle popular in 1870’s; you might recognize them as those old school cycles with one giant wheel and one small one.) The Hendrick’s version is intended to be a throwback, low-tech response to the likes of the Peloton.

By Neat Pour Staff