Wine lovers and producers on both sides of the Atlantic are breathing a collective sigh of relief. Presidents Emanuel Macron and Donald Trump announced that the U.S. and France agreed to ice their escalating trade war until the end of the year. In short, those much discussed 100% tariffs on French wine are on ice for now.
- Base Spirit Tequila
- Preparation Mixed
- Flavor Fruity
- Served On the Rocks
Mix up your summer margarita with this delicious, effervescent potion made with freshly picked blackberries from the garden (or your local farmer’s market) and soft ripe figs. This recipe emphasizes the culinarY elements over a straight vehicle for agave. A healthy dose of club soda also keeps the ABV low so you can indulge in a few of these without getting too tipsy.
–Emily Ann Payton FitzGerald
- Fill pitcher with tequila, lime juice, chopped figs and blackberries
- Muddle until figs and berries are smashed, stir, and let mixture steep for at least 10 mins (the longer the better).
- On a small plate, mix together sugar, salt, lime zest.
- Run lime wedge around rim of each glass to wet. Dip glass in mixture to coat rim.
- Strain margarita mixture into glasses (about half-full). Add ice.
- Top with club soda and stir until blended.
- Garnish with fig half and blackberries.