The US hospitality industry is in dire straits and lacking governmental support. Yet, across the pond, the English cousins took some preliminary steps to bolster their reopened bars and pubs. On Wednesday (7.08), Chancellor Rishi Sunak unveiled a stimulus plan for the service industry that included incentives for diners and employers alike.
- Base Spirit Rum
- Preparation Muddled & Stirred
- Flavor Fruity
- Served On the Rocks
Relax, kick back, and raise a (mason jar) glass to summer with this delicious rum smash using fresh blackberries, plums and basil. The formula is essentially a rum rickey riff, but the flavor profile is all about the fruit with the rum serving to tie it all together.
–Emily Ann Payton FitzGerald
- In a pitcher, muddle together blackberries, plums, sugar, lemon juice, and basil until fruit is smashed.
- Add rum and club soda. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses or mason jars with ice and pour in mixture.
- Top each glass with a blackberry and sprig of mint.