Wine lovers and producers on both sides of the Atlantic are breathing a collective sigh of relief. Presidents Emanuel Macron and Donald Trump announced that the U.S. and France agreed to ice their escalating trade war until the end of the year. In short, those much discussed 100% tariffs on French wine are on ice for now.
- Base Spirit Rum
- Preparation Muddled & Stirred
- Flavor Fruity
- Served On the Rocks
Relax, kick back, and raise a (mason jar) glass to summer with this delicious rum smash using fresh blackberries, plums and basil. The formula is essentially a rum rickey riff, but the flavor profile is all about the fruit with the rum serving to tie it all together.
–Emily Ann Payton FitzGerald
- In a pitcher, muddle together blackberries, plums, sugar, lemon juice, and basil until fruit is smashed.
- Add rum and club soda. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses or mason jars with ice and pour in mixture.
- Top each glass with a blackberry and sprig of mint.