As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose an existential threat to the livelihoods of many in the bar industry, the United States Bartender Guild (USBG) is on the vanguard of the relief effort. The organization’s affiliated charity arm, the USBG Foundation (USBGF), is driving one of the industry’s most high profile grant efforts. Neat Pour spoke with Kim Haasarud, USBG Vice President and USBG Foundation Board Member, about the ongoing effort to provide some relief.
- Base Spirit Rum
- Preparation Muddled & Stirred
- Flavor Fruity
- Served On the Rocks
Relax, kick back, and raise a (mason jar) glass to summer with this delicious rum smash using fresh blackberries, plums and basil. The formula is essentially a rum rickey riff, but the flavor profile is all about the fruit with the rum serving to tie it all together.
–Emily Ann Payton FitzGerald
- In a pitcher, muddle together blackberries, plums, sugar, lemon juice, and basil until fruit is smashed.
- Add rum and club soda. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses or mason jars with ice and pour in mixture.
- Top each glass with a blackberry and sprig of mint.