The virtual distillery tour is on the rise due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some distilleries, like Four Roses, added virtual visits as a direct result of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Base Spirit Gin
- Preparation Shaken
- Flavor Fruity
- Served On the Rocks
The Bramble will prove highly rewarding when made with fresh, in-season blackberries. There’s good reason this drink is a summertime favorite in the UK, where the recipe was formalized in London in the 1980s. Its bittersweet fruit combined with a base of dry gin can sustain even those who might struggle through a mere two weeks of summer per year. As with many recipes, astute imbibers have room for debate if the Bramble’s recipe was essentially foretold in Jerry Thomas’s seminal 1862 cocktail guide.
- Combine ice, gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup into tin and shake.
- Fill your funkiest old fashioned glass with crushed ice.
- Strain shaker ingredients into glass.
- In a circular motion, drizzle creme de mure over your cocktail. (It should slowly distribute into your drink).
- Garnish with blackberries.