Cocktail awards season starts a little earlier across the pond. On Tuesday (2.18.20), CLASS magazine crowned England’s drinks royalty at their annual awards ceremony. This year’s results notably featured an all female sweep of the major individual categories.
- Base Spirit Beer
- Preparation Mixed
- Flavor Spicy
- Served On the Rocks
The Michelada is everywhere in Mexico. And, everywhere in Mexico there is a different opinion on how the drink should be made. There is consensus that the Michelada is made with a flavorful mix of spice, savory, and citrus combined with beer and served on the rocks.
The version featured here is a common, tomato juice based recipe akin to a beer based Bloody Mary.
- Rim a pint or pilsener glass (or plastic cup) with tajín.
- Mix the tomato juice, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and celery salt in a glass.
- Add ice cubes to 1/4 inch below the rim.
- Top off with beer and garnish with lime.
- Continue to freshen up the glass with the remaining beer as you drink.