The virtual distillery tour is on the rise due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some distilleries, like Four Roses, added virtual visits as a direct result of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Base Spirit Whiskey & Whisky
- Preparation Shaken
- Flavor Refreshing / Citrusy
- Served On the Rocks
The Penicillin was an instant classic the moment that Samuel J. Ross introduced it at NYC’s Milk & Honey in 2005. Within a decade, cocktail bars worldwide all offered their own version of the drink. The version offered here offers some basic specs, attempting to hew closely to the original.
- Combine blended Scotch, honey syrup, ginger syrup., and lime juice in a shaker. Add cubed ice.
- Double strain into a lowball or old fashioned glass. Add large format/chunk ice.
- Float the Islay Scotch on top.
- Garnish at will.