Jason Asher and Rich Furnari have some unique ideas about bars. UnderTow, the tiki inspired maiden project from their Barter & Shake…
- Base Spirit Tequila
- Preparation Shaken
- Flavor Citrus Driven Smoke
- Served Up
The Smoke & Mirrors is a modern take on the classic egg white sour from Dominick DeMartino of Las Vegas’ Bound at the Cromwell. Tequila serves as the base spirit and Martino eschews the familiar lime juice pairing for lemon. However, the key ingredient here is the Islay Scotch which adds the distinct smokey, peat flavor that drives the drink.
An excellent refreshing burst on a hot day.
- Rinse glass with Islay scotch.
- Combine tequila, lemon juice, egg white, and elder flower syrup with large ice in tins. Shake until emulsified.
- Double strain into glass.
- Express lemon zest.
- Garnish with Angostura bitters design.