Quick Sips: Petrol and pepper with a little baking spices on the nose. The taste is unusually dry with undertones of citrus and burnt molasses. Very short finish. Nice roundness.
Applications: Great all around tequila with a low price point, yet quality enough to drink straight or mix.
Production: (via distiller) A highland agave tequila distilled for a dry profile to allow greater control of cocktail sweetness.
- Cimarrón Tequila from Atotonilco, Jalisco agave.
- Hillside blue agave grown at 4,620′ elevation.
- Plant sugars of an average of 24-26° Brix.
- Slow agave roast creates a bright, forward flavor.
- Fermentation entirely natural using proprietary yeast.
- Reposado aged in American white oak for 4 months.